Sunday, May 18, 2014

my petals

as my petals wither away
i sit and wonder what ever happened
what in the world happened?
where did it all go?
i stood so tall, higher than the other flowers in this garden
my petals were so colorful and bright and beautiful
my fragrance floated through the air all day and night
i was the first flower one would see walking by or walking out
into the garden where i stood
people would sit and watch and enjoy being around me
couples would smile and nod in understanding
now.....
only now.....
now, my petals wither away
my essence is waning
i lean to the side now
no longer tall and bright
now im noticed by my withering away
withering away
withering
colors fading, brightness dimming
just an after thought of what was
my petals.....my bright and colorful petals

this came to me while listening to this and imaging life in a different light:

No comments:

Post a Comment