Wednesday, September 10, 2014

9-10-14

i sit here with my head in the vice grips of illness
sinuses have lost all semblance of in working order
my head hurts and my throat is perpetually needing to be cleared
i'd like to go to sleep and sleep through the entirety of it all
but alas, my biological clock wont allow me to do so
it forces me to feel and ruminate and then feel some more
the cats are somewhere around here and the wasps?
well, i haven't actually looked out at them today
funny how illness can change even the simplest of things
also had an insane crick in my neck lately
yesterday, it was nearly unbearable, today it's much much better
but still stiff and achey in spots
i dream of sunflower gardens and lilacs growing all over
i imagine a pond or small lake, birds chirping, breezes blowing
i dream of you being there with me.
the warmth of each other and the warmth of the sun shining
but, i sit here ill instead
i dream on

No comments:

Post a Comment